x

Username:

Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Solar installer
24-12-19, 01:41 PM
Solar installer
I'm looking to fit a solar system 500 watts+ to my kountryLite quad slide.
Can anyone recommend a fitter in the south west of england
Thanks in advance

NP300 + Quad KountryLite 5th Wheeler
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
24-12-19, 03:32 PM
RE: Solar installer
Had mine fitted while at a Motorhome and Caravan show weekend. The company was Detroit Solar from Pinxton, Notts. 01773 860030. Might be worth a ring to see if they travel or when they are next in your area. I have been happy with the installation they did for me.
Merry Christmas

Ken

Kountrylite Compact / Black V6 Navara
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kasey for this post:
Colintheolder (24-12-19)
24-12-19, 04:54 PM
The amount of solar energy at present is very small. I was on You Tube the other day and a guy in Southern California had solar panels on his travel trailer with a set up like Markblox. This guy was having problems in USA in winter with insufficient power for continuous "boondocking". He then had his panel assembly modified to be able to tilt at some 35º and according to him the output was increased by a factor of 4 times.
Hoping this helps, Bob
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bob for this post:
Colintheolder (24-12-19)
06-01-20, 10:46 PM
(24-12-19 01:41 PM)Colintheolder Wrote:  I'm looking to fit a solar system 500 watts+ to my kountryLite quad slide.
Can anyone recommend a fitter in the south west of england
Thanks in advance
Second shout for Detroit solar but get as much as you can fit on your roof unless it is just to keep your battery topped up in storage. I have 150 W and it doesn't do enough.

KountryLite Quadslide and blue Outlaw
12-03-20, 12:05 AM
I fitted 3 x 100w panels to our motorhome and a 220ah battery, never had any issues in summer or winter, we charge 2 iphones, an ipad and run an all in one pc, then there is the smart 26 inch tv, and the three homefi router, plus lighting etc. never seen the battery go below 12.4v and at peak there has been a 17.4 amp charge rate in summer and about 4 in winter. one of the main things to avoid is cheap solar charge controllers, and keep cabling as short as possible. fit it all yourself and save a fortune.

2005 Autotrail Arapaho.

The Camping and Caravanning Club,
North Wales DA Treasurer.
http://www.northwalesda.co.uk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us   Fifth Wheel Owners Club   Return to Top   Return to Content   Lite (Archive) Mode   RSS Syndication