x

Username:

Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Another toy (hauler)
14-02-20, 08:26 PM
Another toy (hauler)
One 5th wheel trailer just isn't enough lol! I've recently bought this toy hauler to use for work, I've been using a Ford Transit towing a twin axle caravan for years, but the van (which I bought new, expecting it to last me to retirement) is becoming less reliable & more of a money pit. So I came up with this crazy idea of getting an ex race trailer & creating a living space but then this Keystone Raptor popped up for sale......
It wasn't without issues but the price was right & as it needed some repair work on the roof, which the seller was genuinely unaware of, I was able to get it for a very good price. Having already spoken to Jay at CCRV about the roof I towed it home & a week later dropped it off for Jay to fix, he replaced all the boarding on the roof, being able to reuse the membrane saved a fair bit & I now have a good roof again that is waterproof & can once again be walked on!
I have a bit to do with the electrics, the brakes need a good service & I need to add a parking brake, then I can put it to work.

.jpg  20200127_165702.jpg (Size: 1.51 MB / Downloads: 23)

.jpg  20200127_165725.jpg (Size: 1.47 MB / Downloads: 20)

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
14-02-20, 09:49 PM
RE: Another toy (hauler)
Now your just being greedy mate????
14-02-20, 10:17 PM
Nice looking combo how long is the toy hauler it looks to be at least 40ft long.

Kountrylite Quadslide Navara Tekna 190.
14-02-20, 10:32 PM
(14-02-20 10:17 PM)V6lad Wrote:  Nice looking combo how long is the toy hauler it looks to be at least 40ft long.

Thanks, it's 37ft according to the Keystone specifications, but it's at least a couple of feet longer than my Crusader which is 36ft.........If it's not raining at the weekend I'll be trying to get some work done on it & might actually measure it. I did check the width......it's errrr quite wide, a good few inches wider than the other one, can still see down the side with my mirrors though!
14-02-20, 11:55 PM
Rob I looked up your RV on google and it showed a twin axle rather than the tri that you have. Anyway I think that your roof will be very much tested this weekend. Good luck with your new purchase. Bob
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bob for this post:
shovelheadrob (15-02-20)
24-04-20, 10:01 PM
Quick update, we've been using the trailer for accommodation on site for the last few weeks & everything is going well, apart from the water pump which took a dump last week, replacement now fitted. Sorted out the awning, a previous owner obviously had no idea how to use one & had not put it away properly. Around 10 minutes with some WD40 & it works, need a couple of new parts that have been damaged through neglect/ignorance, the awning fabric is torn because of this, but Gorilla tape has done a good job for now so it can wait.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us   Fifth Wheel Owners Club   Return to Top   Return to Content   Lite (Archive) Mode   RSS Syndication