x

Username:

Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Club sites
18-03-20, 07:19 PM
Club sites
The Caravan and Motorhome Club has just sent an email to members to day that all it's sites are open as usual. bars and restaurants on site that have these facilities will be closed.
Excellent news as my cataract operation has just been done and Jacqui is regaining her mobility after her 2nd hip operation.
Hopefully we will see some other fivers on the road or on a site or three.
Bob
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
19-03-20, 08:04 AM
RE: Club sites
Camping and caravanning club site are also staying open. but all section and DA meets are cancelled until further notice.

2005 Autotrail Arapaho.

The Camping and Caravanning Club,
North Wales DA Treasurer.
http://www.northwalesda.co.uk
19-03-20, 09:34 AM
We are supposedly joining the midges in Scotland this year so may see you if you are up there, or on the road.

Ken

Kountrylite Compact / Black V6 Navara
19-03-20, 03:30 PM
Glad someone else is living a life as we are doing. Please instruct the midges not to travel south whilst you are up there. If a Mrs S has her way you will need a passport.
Bob
21-03-20, 09:37 PM
The camping and caravan club have announced that they are to close all facilities including shower and toilet blocks on all their sites from Monday 23rd March through to the end of May 2020.
We are staying at the Chertsey site at the moment but we don't use site showers and toilets anyway.

Kountrylite Quadslide Navara Tekna 190.
22-03-20, 04:59 PM
With immediate effect the camping and caravan club are closing all sites.

Kountrylite Quadslide Navara Tekna 190.
22-03-20, 09:38 PM
As is The Caravan and Motorhome Club. I wonder what will happen to those folk who move back and forth between sites as they are permanently RV living.
Bob
23-03-20, 11:07 PM
Wife and I set up in our Rambler at Lakeside Holiday park in the Castle Howard grounds. Thought we would self isolate for a couple of weeks however, we were the only unit on the site. Warden knocked on the door this morning and advised us the site would be closing immediately.... I guess we won't be using our Rambler for the next six months or so seeing as "all" camp sites have now been ordered to close! I do believe its for the best considering. Its going to be a looooong year.

2015 Celtic Rambler / 2010 Nissan Navara V6 with Billcar remap.
28-03-20, 08:03 PM
Having used Caravan and Motorhome CL sites extensively over the past 10 years we have noticed on several occasions that people are quite clearly flouting the 20 something day rule, we have even seen fully established vegetable gardens outside caravans and hard piped grey waste into ditches. I have cycled past a CL local to us on the edge of the South Downs on many occasions and seen several caravans with the trappings of a permanent pitch, so it will be interesting to see how the Club manages shutting these sites down, bearing in mind the local inspector must have been aware they were flouting regulations. Hopefully common sense will prevail and these people will be left alone and will remain invisible to the local inspector as has quite clearly been going on for many years.
28-03-20, 10:05 PM
The site in Steyning has 2 parts. The upper belongs only to the farm. The lower site is a C&MH certified site. We went passed the Washington Caravan & Camping site the other day and there were some caravans on site still. If these guys are resident I don't see how they can be moved on. Likewise those caravans /MHs next to Broadwater Green and in Hove are permanently occupied.
Bob

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us   Fifth Wheel Owners Club   Return to Top   Return to Content   Lite (Archive) Mode   RSS Syndication