Create an Account
x

Username:

Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Spain camping, travel and Euro tunnel news.
24-03-20, 12:00 PM
Spain camping, travel and Euro tunnel news.
Sorry don't post much unless non trivial.
OK, Camping Roquetas near Almeria is shutting down (temp?) and ejecting everyone this Friday (7th March), everyone except those already in Casas, just called a friend there to tell him I'm home OK, he's not.

Just drove through Spain, take food and something to pee in because you'll need both.
Then through France, no worries, Aires open with facilities open, toilets and sometimes food and drink available in service stations, is France saying GB is not taking it seriously because compared to my
experience in Spain and the Spanish, they're not.

Channel Tunnel is booked solid for the next few weeks, then why is it my ticket, that I booked a week ago just before it all hit the fan, booking wise, was changed to a flexible one when I got on the EMPTY tunnel this morning at 1:22am and I'm back in GB now. They were SIX (6) cars on the whole train and about a dozen lorries. My ticket was originally for 10:20pm later today. my other name is Lucky Jack.

Reason....anyone????
JK
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
24-03-20, 03:32 PM
RE: Spain camping, travel and Euro tunnel news.
(24-03-20 12:00 PM)Jackomet Wrote:  Sorry don't post much unless non trivial.
OK, Camping Roquetas near Almeria is shutting down (temp?) and ejecting everyone this Friday (7th March), everyone except those already in Casas, just called a friend there to tell him I'm home OK, he's not.

Just drove through Spain, take food and something to pee in because you'll need both.
Then through France, no worries, Aires open with facilities open, toilets and sometimes food and drink available in service stations, is France saying GB is not taking it seriously because compared to my
experience in Spain and the Spanish, they're not.

Channel Tunnel is booked solid for the next few weeks, then why is it my ticket, that I booked a week ago just before it all hit the fan, booking wise, was changed to a flexible one when I got on the EMPTY tunnel this morning at 1:22am and I'm back in GB now. They were SIX (6) cars on the whole train and about a dozen lorries. My ticket was originally for 10:20pm later today. my other name is Lucky Jack.

Reason....anyone????
JK
Turns out you can book by PHONE only, it's just the online booking showing "Sold out".
24-03-20, 04:12 PM
It did work mate! Thumbsupsmileyanim

Re Eurotunnel, answer is easy. It's because they are a bunch of unscrupulous b@st@rds! They take advantage of peoples woes (last minute ticket changes due to circumstances that cant be controlled) and batter you for extra money so that they can make up for loss of earnings due to empty trains.

Same thing happened to ffi and I on the way back from Spain this year. Last couple of days of the journey were a FRANTIC dash up to Calais to try and avoid storm Denis
Got to the check-in 24 hours early so that we could try and get to the safety of Black Horse Farm for a couple of days whilst it passed. Check in guy was great...... "can see what you're towing and fully understand but let me check the desk"
Bint on the phone was having NON OF IT and charged us an extra £200. We weren't there to take the mickey, we were there for safety reasons but no, they're not in the slightest bit interested, they just want money !72 Got on the train - 13 empty carriages!
Sent an e-mail when we got back home but just got a polite "sod off".

Would I use Eurotunnel again? Course I would.92
Would I ever trust them again? NEVER.72

No morals and no compassion what so ever. Lesson learned. We SHOULD have reversed back to Pet Passport and put the legs down till the strom blew through.

Kountrylite 26RL high profile+2008 Nav Adventura Auto with DTE.
Campsite Warden
24-03-20, 05:33 PM
I have been lucky in that got a 2 hour earlier train for free. Had another back in the morning for an extra €10- but on one occasion for an extra 1 hour they wanted €75-. I said no thanks I will wait in our van drinking tea. Not allowed the lady said you must buy tea in the café. Somehow Jacqui did not hear that and our tea tasted extra good. It is a French company so I do wonder if the same rules / prices are only for the foreigners and the French get preferential treatment.
Bob
16-07-20, 11:39 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a seasonal pitch for my 5th Wheel for next year. Hardstanding obviously and not a "Holiday park".
Around and within 40 miles of say Chichester and near coast. The long seasons in Spain are now at an end due to
Brexit so now looking at the UK, any ideas?
JK

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us   Fifth Wheel Owners Club   Return to Top   Return to Content   Lite (Archive) Mode   RSS Syndication