2005 Autotrail Arapaho.

The Camping and Caravanning Club,
North Wales DA Treasurer.
http://www.northwalesda.co.uk
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-04-20, 02:28 PM
RE: A proper RV and so cheap
Actually it is a coach because the floor level is so high. Busses are pushers with the engine in the rear of the rear coach so that passengers have access to both and just step on from the kerb. Many years ago there were prototypes in Brasilia of triples again engine was a pusher. Wales? not a chance. That length height and at 26 tons the weight, Bob
07-04-20, 07:38 PM
That's amazing & what a bargain too! He says it can go anywhere that a 30ft truck can go.
07-04-20, 08:22 PM
A local brick company many years ago had a similar set up on their artics. The rear bogey swivels anti clockwise on a right hand turn so the rear wheels had no cut in. It was all mechanical automatic and hypnotising when I was in an Albion artic following the rig. The driver said reversing was difficult as only about ½ the reverse direction steering wheel was needed and took some time to get used to.
Bob
08-04-20, 08:29 PM
Some brick companies still use that setup, we had one deliver to a site where I was building a rather nice barn complex, unfortunately there was nowhere to turn around & I had to meet the driver at the road, nearly half a mile away. I drove him to the site & said "we can unload you at the roadside but I'll have to take each pack to site as there's no where to put them by the road, or you can drive up & reverse out, or reverse in & drive out..."
He said "I'll reverse up, no problem"
It was a twisty road, but he did it just using his reversing camera & mirrors, didn't have one shunt, very impressed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us   Fifth Wheel Owners Club   Return to Top   Return to Content   Lite (Archive) Mode   RSS Syndication